Wednesday 25 May 2011

Guilt trip!

It's been ages since my last blog entry and I've not painted nearly as much as I'd hope during the past weeks. I have been able to squeeze a few games in between all the stuff that goes on in life. I've tried Baldur's Tier 4 on 35 pts and I have to say I'm quite impressed. So far I've not lost a single game and, to be honest, none of them gave me much trouble. The only things I keep missing at 35 pts are the Druids of Orboros and a Druid Wilder. Counter magic can be essential against spell weaving casters and a Wilder is great for balancing Fury. With clever positioning and planning it's possible to use the Shifting Stones for removing Fury. (They don't have to activate to do it either!)

Ok, time for some serious guilt tripping here. I have loads of miniatures that need color. I have been thinking about prohibiting myself from buying any more miniatures until I'm fully painted. Good idea? Well, if I did, I wouldn't be playing Baldur's Tier 4 now. ;)

This is awful. Kromac has been jumping between the gaming table and the painting table for some time now. And he's still wearing nothing much but his undercoat. At least Cassius has been assembled and undercoated since this pic was taken. 

Green skin? Yes. Wicked women with pointy ears and spears simply has to be available in green. Especially if they come bursting out of a forest on white wolves. 

Well, even if they don't come bursting out of the forest on wolves... 

A full unit of Bloodtrackers - led by the awsome Nuala. Don't worry. She'll be green as well, in a not too distant future. 

 A Blackclad hanging out with a fellow Druid - who is a proud leader of a unit of the infamous Woldshrimps. This unit is actually my second unit of shrimps and it's done now. My Baldur T4 list is fully painted! :)

 The Reeves has got a unit attachment, a Reeve Hunter buddy and some undercoat since this was taken.

 
My second unit of Druids.


It's obvious I've got some serious work to do. Well, I've made some coffee and I'm ready to get right at it. I'm going to put a finishing touch on my Wold Guardian and then it's Kromac's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment