Sunday 27 March 2011

Nordic Open 2011

Finland is not only the land of high quality liquorice and the only country where they drink more coffee than in Sweden. It's also a country of keen WarmaHordes players and extremely good painters. This became a proven fact very recently when our beloved neighbours in east hosted the Nordic Open. For those of you not too familiar with the Nordic countries I can point out that Sweden and Finland really loves to beat each other in sports - particularly in ice hockey. This friendly rivalry most definitly reflected iteslf in the Nordic Open, where players from four countries got together to beat the crap out of each other.

I really regret not attending this event, but I'm not very keen about playing in tournaments that require that I spend the night away from my lovely wife and baby son. However, Rickard - who is a friendly soul from my local meta - decided to go there. He writes these great battle reports and, since this was an international event, he wrote it in english. He kindly allowed me to link to it, which I'm very happy to do. So pour yourself a big cup of coffee, check out the great pictures and enjoy the report. If you like seeing nicely painted armies, you're really up for a treat. There's an eKaya list in there, for an instance, that really made me drop my jaw.

Nordic Open 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment